Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of construction projects, including the building and remodeling of all types of residential and commercial structures. The Project Manager will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, insuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding in a quality manner, on schedule and within budget.
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, business or related field, and/or preferably at least five years experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity. Extensive knowledge of construction industry required.
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Experience with PC usage and associated software (including Microsoft Office and Timberline). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Budget estimating and project scheduling skills required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with all parties involved in construction projects.