Responsible for laying out and building custom wood products according to Joseph A. Interiors set of quality standards and procedures, using shop drawings and various materials including wood and plastic laminate for the commercial or residential construction industry. Custom Builder will cut, shape, and assemble wooden articles, as well as set up and operate a variety of woodworking machines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 years of experience building custom wood products using shop drawings and various materials.
- Proven knowledge of and experience working with all hand power tools and all basic wood working machinery, and skills to fabricate wood and plastic laminate together.
- Ability to read and understand all parts of a blueprint or shop drawing and visualize the construction and completion of a project.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, customers and vendors as well. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Organizational skills required, including the ability to prioritize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, ask questions, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.